Sunday, June 07, 2009

How hectic my life could be?

For quite some time, writing new entries for my blog became very alien for these reasons that involved the closest and important people around me. Here is the sequence:

  1. Out of the blue, Abah ‘sakit mata’. Yang peliknya, it doesn’t look that serious but it took some time to recover.
  2. Then, Abah got ‘demam chikungunya’ dan abah panggil demam ni ‘sakit yang tak bawak mati’. Well, actually it’s true. This unusual demam will make all your joints somehow almost go ‘paralysed’. At one point, mak saw abah sitting at one corner of the house and crying to himself. Why? Abah said because it’s too painful that he doesn’t have the guts to burden anyone for help.
  3. When abah recovered, then it goes to mak. Since mak is someone who loves to ‘bercerita’ to me, she told me how the suffering goes. She has to crawl to the bathroom (mak kata dia berat so she refuses any offer to help lift her up).
  4. FYI, it was not just my abah and mak who were not well but also my tok (my gandma). Tok is bedridden, and getting worse these two months. Just imagine my mak and abah has to take care of my tok while they are also sick at the same time. Lucky them that my mak teh sometimes come to help.
  5. After both mak and abah recovered from the ‘weird fever’, abah got ‘kayap’. Pity abah, though sometimes mak complains that abah is ‘manja’.

Glad I was at home, two weeks break. I have to be back to maktab for our Redang trip when the school break is about to start. Knowing that I’ll be away and my sister will be going to Sabah to see her husband, I decided to go take my twin nephews aka their twin grandson back while sending my sister to the Bayan Lepas airport. Just to make sure my mak and abah won’t be alone and feel sunyi at home while their two daughters are not around. Bringing back the two ‘kanak-kanak buas’ is another thing. I have to:

1. Unpack their stuff and arrange them accordingly. Meaning to say, which shirt comes with which pants.

2. Make sure their ‘kereta control’ which was given by their pak su (my younger brother) has enough battery for two weeks.

3. Write down what time they have to wake up, brush their teeth, mandi and sleep everyday.

4. Remind them where they should and should not go or play around, not to bother tok and tok wan when mak cik (it’s me) is not around.

Hectic, yes. But I learn a lot definitely. And now I’m here in maktab attending my 8 hours per day course called KISSM. I am now on the go to be a ‘penjawat awam’ while waiting for my ‘surat penempatan’.

No comments: